Are you starting a new business or simply want to update your knowledge? The ATO is running a series of small business webinars. These tax basics webinars cover a variety of topics including;
- Tax Basics for Small Business Introduction – An introduction to the basic tax issues you need to consider if you are thinking about starting a business, such as business structures, tax registrations and record keeping.
- Income Tax Deductions – This webinar looks at the fundamental principles of income tax deductions that apply to all businesses. It looks at the tax treatment of different deductions, including depreciation of assets.
- Home Based Business- Here you will learn information about claiming home-based expenses and understanding how capital gains tax may apply.
- Motor Vehicle Deductions- Focusing on the special rules when claiming deductions for motor vehicles, and provides practical examples of how to record and claim the expenses.
- Concessions for Small Business – This webinar will look at the concessions that are available for income tax, capital gains tax (CGT) and goods and services tax (GST).
- Activity Statement Essentials – Learn how to complete your activity statement. The primary focus is on the labels to be completed for the GST, pay as you go (PAYG) withholding and PAYG instalments.
- Goods & Services Tax – Discover how GST works and its implications for business.
- Budgeting & Record Keeping – Understanding how to meet your tax obligations, as it is essential that you maintain complete and accurate records. Also discussed is the importance of budgeting, and the key role that records play in budget management.
- Small Business Assistance – Find out what support options the ATO offers, and how to access them.
- Employer Obligations Overview – This webinar explains the tax issues and obligations relevant to employers, such as pay as you go (PAYG) withholding, super guarantee and fringe benefits tax (FBT).
- Super Obligations – This webinar explains which of your employees are eligible for super, how to calculate their super and what happens when super is not paid on time.
- Issues for contractors – Learn how to address some of the commonly asked questions around employee versus contractor, as well as other issues relevant to contractors, such as personal services income.
- Depreciation – Answers to commonly asked questions around claiming deductions for depreciating assets.
If you would like to register for one of these webinars please click on the link below.
McMahon Osborne Group offer a number of business programs to assist you in achieving your business goals. If you would like to find out more please contact Lynda on (03) 9744 7144 or visit our website http://www.mcmahonosborne.com.au where you will find testimonials from clients who have attended our various programs, with great success!