Virgin has it. Google has it. And so does Apple.
It’s the X-Factor – that indefinable characteristic
that makes businesses absolutely irresistible to consumers.
For some of us, the X-Factor is that magic characteristic we all want in our business but have no idea how to get it. After many years of working with large and small businesses we have great news in saying that putting that X-Factor in your business doesn’t require a magic wand or million dollar marketing campaign.
Businesses with the Marketing X-Factor all excel in the following areas:
- They have an irresistible brand that everyone wants to be associated with
- They have a unique selling proposition that sets them apart from their competitors
- They give customers an extraordinary experience every time they deal with the organisation
- They maximise money spent by the customer (average dollar spend)
- They are skilled at generating leads and tapping into potential customers
- They always have irresistible promotional offers
- They are skilled at writing words that sell
- They enjoy excellent customer loyalty and strong repeat sales
The 8 points above reflect key performance indicators in your business and should be a strong area of focus in your business. Good lead generation, sales conversion, client retention or average dollar spend are some of the key ideas to maximising your bottom line.
Make these core areas the buzz word of your sales & marketing department, print them up and post them around your business to be reminded every day.
The important thing to remember is that achieving the Marketing X-Factor in your business is absolutely achievable – It’s not about theory based strategies or expensive marketing campaigns but simple practical application in the above. These can be implemented today and have a great impact tomorrow!
If you would like to learn more about making your business achieve it’s X-Factor, visit our website to find out more about our Business Mastery Program- the 10 hats of business commencing in February, 2014.